I am a highly motivated multitasker with experience in media production and reporting. Past jobs have allowed me to engage in camera operation, sound design, lighting, blogging and interviewing. Please look below for my full work history.
» Hardware/Software Knowledge
- Avid HD/SD Media Composer
- Adobe Premiere
- Final Draft
- Adobe Audition
- CGI graphics
- Sony MX8000A HD video switcher
- Yamaha O2R digital audio mixer
- Sony HD XD-Cam optical cameras
- Sony XD- Cam Optical Disk VTRs
» Journalism Experience
Regina Leader-Post, Regina, Saskatchewan
Freelance Reporter and Columnist, January 2017
- Covered the inauguration of President Trump via Facebook Live, photography and traditional reporting.
- Wrote a January 19th column for readers introducing myself and urging tough reporting in the next four years.
- Had my reporting and commentary picked up by the Montreal Gazette, Vancouver Sun and Ottawa Citizen.
WBKO Television, Bowling Green, KY
Production Assistant & Master Control Operator, October 2015 – February 2016
- Studio set up. Bringing up the studio lights, dressing the sets with needed tables, chairs, accessories, placing mics and changing bulbs and batteries when needed.
- Downloading & catching incoming satellite feeds and ingesting into server, checking for any errors.
- Operated studio camera, teleprompter and supported other program production areas.
- Updated web streaming commercial list as directed by Traffic.
Al Jazeera America (TechKnow), Culver City, CA
Intern, Summer 2014
- Contacted individuals at Radiate Athletics and Epson America about their products appear in segments on the program.
- Researched stories about wearable technology and NextGen Navigation.
- Assisted with setup and tear-down of equipment during shoots in the field.
The Daily Evergreen, Pullman, WA
Op-Ed Columnist, February 2014-November 2014
- Wrote 30 articles discussing my opinion on various topics of national and international interest for a newspaper with a circulation of 11,000.
- Contributed specialized content to themed editions of the paper focusing on Sex, Marijuana and the annual Mom’s Weekend at W.S.U.
Access Communications Co-Operative Limited, Weyburn, Saskatchewan
Production Assistant, 2008-2011
- Managed community programming for a city of 11,000 and the surrounding smaller towns and villages.
» Other Related Experience
- Radio Host, KUGR.org – “The Evan Pretzer Show”, Pullman, WA
- Teaching Assistant, The American University, Washington, D.C. August 2016 – Present
- Short Film Director, Actuality Media, Nairobi, Kenya
- Freelance Blogger, 301 Digital Media, Nashville, TN September 2015 – June 2016
- Freelance Blogger, Beltway News, Washington, D.C., November 2016
The American University School of Communication –
MA Communication, August 2017
Major: Journalism & Public Affairs, International Journalism
The Edward R. Murrow College of Communication –
Washington State University, Pullman, WA
BA Communication, May 2015
Major: Journalism & Media Production, Broadcast Production